Earn a commissioning certificate from UW-Madison, which recognizes your knowledge of the ASHRAE Existing Building Commissioning Process. Expand your opportunities and gain recognition for your technical skills with existing buildings. To earn the Existing Building Commissioning Process Provider (EBCxP) certification, you must complete the required courses and pass the certification exam.
The exam is divided into three parts:
- Part 1 – Existing Building Commissioning topics such as: ASHRAE Guideline 0.2 process phases and concepts, terminology, benefits, control strategies, energy conservation opportunities, persistence, etc.
- Part 2 – Fundamentals of HVAC topics such as: references, standards and codes, system types, pychrometrics, refrigeration, all air systems concepts, hydronic system concepts, etc.
- Part 3 – Scenario-based section based on a practical existing building situation.
The certification is valid for five years before renewal.
Who Should Pursue a Certificate?
- Commissioning authorities (CxA’s)
- Commissioning process managers
- Project managers
- Architects, engineers, contractors and related project team members
- Facility owners
- Facility managers
- Facility operating and maintenance staff