FMEA and RCA for Maintenance and Reliability
Upcoming dates (0)
Take this course when it’s offered next!
Failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA) is a step-by-step approach for identifying all possible failures in a design, a manufacturing or assembly process, or a product or service. Root cause analysis (RCA) involves identifying the core issue that sets in motion the cause-and-effect chain causing the problem.
In this course, you will:
- Learn how to perform an Equipment FMEA
- Learn how FMEA will improve the reliability of your key assets
- Understand the importance of performing RCA on all asset breakdowns and learn how to use the resulting information to prevent future failures
- Understand how knowledge gained from previous FMEAs can be used to develop a maintenance plan for new assets
Who Should Attend?
- Maintenance and asset managers
- Plant and facility engineers
- Reliability engineers
- Managers of preventive or condition-based and predictive maintenance programs
- CMMS coordinators or managers
- Maintenance leads and technicians
This course, formerly known as, "Failure Mode and Effects Analysis and Root Cause Analysis in Maintenance Management" and "FMEA and RCA for Maintenance and Reliability," is part of the Maintenance and Reliability Management Certificate. Enhance your maintenance skills, while earning a recognized credential.
The Components of a Reliability Engineering Maintenance Program
- Reliability-centered maintenance
- Criticality analysis
- Preventive maintenance optimization
- Reliability engineering
- Capital project management
- Types and strengths of various RCA tools
- Implementing a sustainable RCA program
- RCA and continuous improvement
- RCA fish bones diagram workshop
- RCA five whys workshop
- RCA general tools workshop
Basics of Performing an Asset Criticality Analysis
Asset Criticality Analysis Workshop
Implementing a FMEA Program: How to
- Sell a FMEA program to management, technicians, and production
- Form and manage the FMEA team
- Streamline (faster with less effort and high quality results) the FMEA Program
- Identify functional requirements of production and facility assets
- Identify the failure modes for each functional requirement
- Define the effects for each failure mode
- Define the root causes of each failure mode
- Identify current controls that will prevent the cause of failure modes or detect a failure mode before an asset breaks down or that will mitigate the effects of a failure mode
- Brainstorm proactive actions that will reduce the risk or likelihood of an asset/equipment breakdown
- condition based monitoring or predictive maintenance technologies
- preventive maintenance programs
- replacement part inventories
- Implement proactive actions
- FMEA workshop
Create a custom learning experience
We can deliver this course as an on-site learning experience tailored to your organization’s specific training needs.
On-site / Customizable
We Bring It to You
Build a tighter team with an on-site training course. Choose from our most popular topics. We’ll create a collaborative experience based on your class size and specifications.
We Build It for You
Shape a course to meet your specific training needs. Add specialized topics and technology. Tweak the course materials. Make it yours. We’ll make it possible.
We Create It With You
Start from scratch with an unbiased analysis of your company’s training needs. We’ll help you pinpoint opportunities and develop a smart program for your in-house talent.