Using TPEM to Improve Total Productive Maintenance Performance
Upcoming dates (0)
Take this course when it’s offered next!
Properly implemented, Total Productive Equipment Management (TPEM®) will improve overall equipment effectiveness, reducing unplanned downtime, and increase employee engagement and job satisfaction.
By attending this class, you will learn how to perform calculations vital to the success of your TPM installation, and how to measure your Total Effective Equipment Productivity (TEEP) by accounting for your equipment use and its overall effectiveness. Other critical calculations and helpful guidelines, including the TPEM process, will provide data to demonstrate the value of your maintenance strategy.
Who Should Attend?
- Maintenance and production supervisors and managers
- Plant managers
- Maintenance and industrial engineers
- Operations managers and upper management
This course is part of the Maintenance and Reliability Management Certificate. Enhance your maintenance skills while earning a recognized credential.
Meeting the Manufacturing Challenge
- Global competition
- Cost reduction (maintenance and operations)
- Capacity expansion
Equipment: The Focus of TPM
- Total Productive Equipment Management (TPEM®)
- Asset utilization
- How to lower life cycle costs
Measuring Your True Equipment Productivity
- Defining manufacturing equipment productivity
- How to identify and measure equipment losses
- Calculating equipment effectiveness
- What to expect from your equipment
Customizing Your TPM Installation
- Autonomous maintenance with a difference
- Improving your equipment
- TPM installation strategy
How Much Autonomous Maintenance Do You Need?
- Training: the key
- Certification of operators
- The “my machine” concept
How to Design and Install an Effective Preventive Maintenance (PM) Program
- Types of PM
- An effective 10-step PM system
- The secrets of successful PM (TPM or not)
- Operator-based PM within TPM
Improving Equipment Through Problem-Solving Techniques
- Continuous Improvement Action Teams
- Analyzing the problems (four techniques)
How to Organize and Execute the Feasibility Study
- Contents of a feasibility study (seven tasks)
- Organization and execution tasks
- Feasibility study report and presentation to management
TPM Installation Step-by-Step
- Phase I: planning and preparing for installation
- Phase II: the pilot installation and schedule
- Phase III: plant-wide installation
- Maintenance management system
- Measuring and reporting progress
"Well-conducted course with just the right amount of information—and the handouts are excellent."
—George Gooch, Assistant Chief Engineer, University of Michigan
"I enjoyed the course and am looking forward to completing the MMC program."
—Ed Bozic, Maintenance Superintendent, Millennium Inorganic Chemicals
Eric Hoffmann is the Managing Director of the International TPM Institute, Inc. in Europe. During the first half of his career, Mr. Hoffmann held a variety of positions in a diverse number of industries including watch making, machine tool production, and packaging production. As plant manager of a corrugated cardboard production facility, Mr. Hoffmann introduced TPM. He possesses first-hand knowledge of the challenges related to implementing and sustaining TPM.
During the past 20 years, Mr. Hoffman has held the role of senior consultant for the International TPM Institute. He works with companies primarily located in Europe and Asia. He is fluent in German, English, and French. With over 100 TPM installations worldwide, Mr. Hoffmann has led companies to achieve world-class levels of continuous improvement through successful implementations of TPM. Mr. Hoffmann received his mechanical engineering degree from the ETH University in Zurich, Switzerland.
Using TPEM to Improve Total Productive Maintenance PerformanceCourse #: RA00424
Using TPEM to Improve Total Productive Maintenance PerformanceDate: Tue. April 27, 2021 – Wed. April 28, 2021
Fee covers online instruction and course materials.
- CEU: 1.4
- PDH: 14
Create a custom learning experience
We can deliver this course as an on-site learning experience tailored to your organization’s specific training needs.
On-site / Customizable
We Bring It to You
Build a tighter team with an on-site training course. Choose from our most popular topics. We’ll create a collaborative experience based on your class size and specifications.
We Build It for You
Shape a course to meet your specific training needs. Add specialized topics and technology. Tweak the course materials. Make it yours. We’ll make it possible.
We Create It With You
Start from scratch with an unbiased analysis of your company’s training needs. We’ll help you pinpoint opportunities and develop a smart program for your in-house talent.