Please read these steps carefully before submitting your application online.
Step 1. Online application. The button on the right will bring you to the University of Wisconsin’s Graduate School Admissions website. This site provides information about UW-Madison, applying, funding and financial aid. When you are ready to begin the application, skip down to step 3 on the UW-Madison Graduate School Admissions page, and click “Apply.”
If you do not already have a UW-Madison Graduate School Admissions account, click “Create an Account.” Once your account has been created you will receive an email asking you to ACTIVATE your account. Once activated, log in again.
- When you get to Program Select, choose the term you wish to start your studies and “Part Time.”
- Select Program 1 and enter “manufacturing” as your search term.
- Select “Engineering ME-Manufacturing System Engineering(ONLINE).”
The application requires:
- Your resume/curriculum vitae
- An essay that describes your reasons for wanting to pursue graduate studies. Please address these topics in a one-page personal essay: Your interest in this program. Your academic and professional preparedness for this program. Any deficiencies in your application or information not presented elsewhere that you want the admissions committee to know about.
- Your unofficial academic transcript(s)
- The contact information of three recommenders. Request references from professional and/or academic connections best equipped to address your strengths. Include your direct supervisor if appropriate. References will be asked to rank your skills and upload a recommendation letter.
- A $75 Application fee (plus $6 fee for international applicants)
Step 2. Interview: The admissions committee chair will schedule a 20- to 30- minute interview with you after the above application materials are received.
Step 3. Application evaluation: The program admissions committee will review your application and make an admissions recommendation. You will be contacted after this step.
The admissions committee provides admission recommendations to the University of Wisconsin-Madison Graduate School. The Graduate School is the formal admitting office for graduate students and retains ultimate authority on all admissions decisions.
Step 4. Official transcript*: If recommended for admission, arrange to have one copy of your undergraduate final official transcript sent directly from your school to the University of Wisconsin–Madison Graduate School. International applicants please see graduate school requirements for country-specific information.
*University of Wisconsin–Madison alumni do not need to request official transcripts.