Basic Management for Public Works Supervisors
Upcoming dates (0)
Take this workshop when it’s offered next!
Learn the basic tasks of management, common public works service delivery methods, and how public works departments are structured to insure accountability and efficiency. Also, you will review common work planning systems and how to better plan your own time.
This course is offered as a part of the PWSA certificate, which is composed of nine one-day courses (54 class hours total). The certificate provides an opportunity to learn about and practice basic supervision and leadership skills in local public works organizations.
Who Should Attend?
- Public works supervisors who wish to sharpen their skills
- Supervisors and managers who are new to the field of public works
- Public works employees who wish to prepare for advancement
- Public works engineers who are new to supervision and management
- Public works professionals engaged in the APWA Donald C. Stone Center leadership and management career path
Context of Local Public Works
Tasks of Management
Scientific Management and Human Relations in Public Works
Public Works Engineering & Operations
Managing Your Own Time
"Clear definition of a supervisor compared to management. It was most relatable to my current position."
—Town of Greenville
"Going through the mapping process, helped for long-term time efficiency."
"The group exercises were most useful. It's nice to converse with others that share similar experiences in their respective roles."
City Administrator for City of Middleton, Bryan is a management professional with strategic planning experience; proven leadership qualities in the areas of communication, project management, policy analysis, community development, and intergovernmental relations.
Basic Management for Public Works SupervisorsCourse #: RA01389
Basic Management for Public Works SupervisorsDate: Thu. February 17, 2022 – Wed. February 23, 2022
Fee covers on-line instruction and materials.
- CEU: .6
- PDH: 6
Basic Management for Public Works SupervisorsDate: Thu. February 18, 2021 – Thu. February 25, 2021
- Fee covers live online course instruction via Blackboard with Net-ID and course materials .
- CEU: .6
- PDH: 6