Introduction to the Commissioning Process Online Anytimeinterpro.wisc.edu/RA01278 See upcoming dates
Learn the purpose and benefits of the commissioning process (CxP), as defined by ASHRAE Guideline 0. Discover why the CxP begins in the pre-design phase of a new construction project, and the steps needed in a true CxP effort. You will be able to evaluate whether CxP costs seem reasonable for your project, find case studies, locate resources to help you implement the CxP, and more.
Who Should Attend?
- Project managers and planners
- Commissioning providers who are new to ASHRAE Guideline 0
- Building owners
- Construction managers
- Building operating staff
This course has been approved for 1 LU/HSW AIA credit.
Complete the course within 7 days of enrollment - course access ends after 7 days after enrollment.
During Part 1, you will learn:
- Why the commissioning process (CxP) is needed
- The definition of the CxP
- Specific goals and benefits of using it
Part 2 of the course answers several frequently asked questions, including:
- Who can be the Commissioning Authority
- Why the CxP should start in pre-design
- Whether or not the CxP duplicates TAB services
- How much the CxP usually costs on a project
In Part 3, you will walk through each step of a typical CxP effort, covering:
- Pre-design phase tasks, including OPR and CxPlan
- Design phase tasks, including basis of design, design reviews, and specifications
- Construction phase tasks, including submittal reviews, site visits, checklists, and testing
- Operation phase tasks, including seasonal testing, warranty review, and lessons learned workshop
Joy Altwies, PhD, PE, LEED AP+, is a program director for the University of Wisconsin-Madison Office of Interdisciplinary Professional Programs. Since 2004, Dr. Altwies has developed and taught continuing education courses emphasizing high performance building design and construction, mechanical system design and operation, energy efficiency, and commissioning. She is also program director of the Master of Sustainable Systems Engineering (SSE) degree program and an instructor of two graduate courses in the program.
Introduction to the Commissioning ProcessCourse #: RA01278
Introduction to the Commissioning Process - Online AnytimeDate: Thu. July 01, 2021 – Thu. June 30, 2022
Fee covers online course materials and certificate.
- CEU: .1
- GBCI: 1
- PDH: 1
- LU/HSW: 1