Technical engineering projects are complex and multidimensional undertakings, demanding comprehensive procedures, integrative skills, discipline and a broad management perspective. Receive an intensive and comprehensive introduction to the process and foundations of project management to do your job better.
Learn a step-by-step, phase-based approach for successful projects. You will improve your estimation of project cost, resources and time, and enhance your overall project management skills.
Who Should Attend?
- New and experienced project managers
- Program managers
- Project engineers
- Engineers, designers, IT and technical professionals who are either assigned project management responsibilities or serve as team members on a project team
This course is part of the Technical Leadership Certificate. Course may be taken individually as well.
Project Management Basics, Initiation, and Planning
- Project management basics: types and characteristics of projects, triple constraints of project management, project methodologies, projects vs. programs vs. portfolios, project stakeholders
- Project conceptualizing and initiating: developing success criteria and determining what "done" looks like, creating the business case, cost benefit analysis, developing the project charter
Planning and Execution
- Project planning: the work breakdown structure, estimating using effort and duration, techniques for accurate estimates, methods to calculate start and finish dates of tasks, network diagrams, critical path method, resource planning, creating a project milestone schedule, creating Gantt charts, identifying and quantifying project risks
- Project execution and control: creating a high-performing project team, techniques for effective communication and status reporting, earned value management (EVM)
Control, Close, and Action Planning
- Project execution and control: project scope management and developing a change control plan, monitoring and managing risks and issues, managing stakeholder expectations
- Project closing: scope verification, transferring deliverables to the customer, post-project review
Rob has branched out from his civil engineering training and background and now manages projects with numerous organizations and industries including manufacturing, health care, insurance, non-profit organizations, government agencies and others. Rob’s hands-on approach to project management has led him and those with whom he works to successful project results for on-time quality deliveries within budget. Rob also teaches Project Managers to become Project Leaders. He has encouraged those with strong technical, mathematic, scientific, engineering, and other skills to grow their people skills necessary to effectively work with a varied group of team members, customers, and other stakeholders throughout a project to achieve required outcomes and results. Rob holds a Master’s in Education, is certified as a Project Management Professional (PMP), and holds a certification in Six Sigma. Rob works throughout the United States, and has also worked in Europe, Africa, Australia, China, and the Middle East.
Fee covers online course materials and instruction.
10% discount per person for participants registered in the Technical Leadership Certificate series. Promo code needed during registration.
- CEU: 2.1
- PDH: 21
- 4/9/2024 12:00pm - 04:00pm
- 4/10/2024 12:00pm - 04:00pm
- 4/11/2024 12:00pm - 04:00pm
- 4/12/2024 12:00pm - 04:00pm
The link to access the course materials and the webinar platform will be provided a few days before the course. Please watch the email address that you provided during registration.
This is an online course.
Once you have accessed the online course and materials, no cancellations or refunds are permitted.