A short course on 3D Printing/additive manufacturing will be taught by two MEPE instructors, Drs. Kris Stokes and Nicole Zacharia. The class is “Utilizing 3D Printing (Additive Manufacturing) in Your Organization,” offered September 28-29. The course will be taught at UW Madison campus and also an online attendance option is available.
Through a combination of visual aids and hands-on experience, attendees will learn several topics, including:
- Types of 3D printing technologies
- Materials used in 3D printing
- Applications of 3D printing
- Workflow approaches for 3D printing
- Identify common design and troubleshooting techniques
After this course, we expect that attendees should be able to:
- Communicate the value of additive manufacturing to their parent organization, vendors, and customers.
- Provide a use case and potential ROI for using additive manufacturing technologies
- Create simple designs and successfully print using Fused Filament Fabrication (FFF) techniques